If you are interested in performing any of Angela’s works then feel free to contact her.
- The Moon is Falling for classical guitar and violin for JeoYeon Sir and Laura Snowden
- Piece for solo trumpet for Simon Desbruslais
- Piece for the London Consort of Winds
- Adopt a Composer piece for the Lincoln Ukulele Band
- Set of pieces for bass oboe (title tbc) for Michael Sluman
- Dark Refractions for symphonic winds for the VRM wind orchestra
- Nacreous Contours for solo clarinet for Dov Goldberg
- Becloud for solo piano
- Sakura: The Falling of the Blossom for oboe, cello, shakuhachi and koto.
- Rainbow Fires for Piano trio
- We’re all Mad Here for toy piano
- Apparitions for chamber choir
- Frozen Waterfall for flute violin and cello
- Roil in Stillness for orchestra
- Frozen Flowers for solo violin
- Night Airs (for mixed ensemble) was workshopped by Colin Matthews by Kokoro ensemble at Composer Day event.
- The Shadows that I missed for wind ensemble and solo cello to be performed by members of The University of Nottingham’s Philharmonia Orchestra.
- Piano Quintet Shadows Create the Night was workshopped at The University of Nottingham by Ensemble 360.
- Revision of Stormscape written for The University of Nottingham’s Wind Orchestra, performed on 23rd November 2014
- Soundscape composition (Background, atmospheric music for art installation project in Blackpool for September 2014 by the Lakeside artist in residence Jo Berry)
- Thoughts when …( / / ) for string quartet (February – March 2014).
- Cloud for string ensemble – for the Arco Ensemble (November 2013 – January 2014).
- Dawn (I. Robin, II. Song Thrush) written for flute and clarinet (November 2013) (Kozani International Composition Competition Prize Winning Piece – 2014)
- Blencathra for Chamber Orchestra (performed 26th October 2013 by University of Nottingham Philharmonia Orchestra)
- Three Reflections for String Orchestra (arrangement and expansion of solo piano work)
- Momentations for Wind Quintet
- Three Reflections for solo piano
- I – Light
- II – Soft Tears
- III – Mirage
- Three Streams in Time for solo B-flat Clarinet
- I – Clear Stream
- II – Sky Stream
- III – Star Stream
- ‘Stormscape’ – for Wind Orchestra in two movements
- I – Skyscape
- II – Firestorm
‘Stormscape’ is work of two contrasting movements. The first, ‘Skyscape’, evokes images of shimmering atmosphere and gentle calm. Throughout this movement, underlying tension builds marking the arrival of the dense ‘Firestorm’. The second movement takes the listener on a aurally dramatic journey into the heart of the destructive firestorm. This movement is characterised by relentlessly driving raw motivic material.
- ‘Miniature Ba-roqued Dance Suite’ – for Baroque Flute, Violin, Cello, and Harpsichord
This work is a modern take on the traditional baroque dance suite. Dance styles incorporated into this work include Allemande, Courante, Sarabande, Gigue.
- ‘Victimae paschali laudes’ – Choral work (SATB)
‘Victimae paschali ladues’ is a setting of the plainchant of the same name, appropriate for use at Easter. The work uses the plainchant as its compositional basis, providing a contemplative musical atmosphere.
- ‘A pair of wings’ – choral setting of a Stephen Hawes poem of the same name. Workshopped by the Orlando Consort in February 2013. SATB version forthcoming.
- ‘Time to fly’ – String quartet
- ‘Certare’ – work for Soprano & Alto Saxophone, Piano, mixed percussion
- ‘Flying a Kite’ – a choral piece performed as part of a public lecture event at the Djanogly Gallery, Lakeside Arts Centre (Nottingham) to coincide with their recent Laura Knight exhibition.
- ‘Plummet’ – work for Bass Clarinet & Piano in three movements
- I – Plummet
- II – Submerged
- III – Resurfaced
- ‘The Christ Child’ – setting of G. K. Chesterton’s poem for Adam Whittaker and the Wollaton Singers
- ‘Winter’ – choral work (SATB)
- ‘Dancing Inferno’ – dramatic miniature for String Quartet